This scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior high school student who wishes to further their education in the field of conservation, environmental sciences, natural resources or a related field of study. Applicants must have demonstrated an appreciation and concern for our natural resources and have an interest in environmental issues, ecology or conservation.
Award amount and source of funds:
- The Jefferson Sportsmen’s Club funds this scholarship. We are a non-profit club, with members from the area, which maintains and operates a clubhouse and grounds to provide sportsmen throughout the area with a place to enjoy shotgun shooting sports and related activities. Club members pay dues on a yearly basis and support many other conservation groups with donations in the surrounding area. The club will determine the amount and number of scholarships given, range from $500 to $1,000.
- The recipient should be a member or the son/daughter of a member of the Jefferson Sportsmen’s Club. If not a member, then a resident of Jefferson County graduating from Jefferson county high school.
- The recipient will be accepted and enrolled in an accredited college or technical school with an emphasis on natural resources, environmental sciences or conservation field preferred. And/ or
- The recipient will have maintained a GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 point scale) throughout their 4-year secondary education.
- The recipient will have displayed high moral character. Extra curricular activities, work experience and community involvement will be considered, but not be the determining factor.
- The selection committee is the Jefferson Sportsmen’s Club scholarship committee.
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the college, university or technical school upon verification of enrollment and completion of the first semester.
- The student's academic record plus indication of potential success from letters of reference may be important considerations in selection
- The committee reserves the right to reject any or all of the applications for this scholarship
- The scholarship committee may recommend that no awards be given in a year if no qualified applicants apply.